Friday, May 27, 2011

Do you know the hot dog man?


I was just downstairs with Chloé and her boyfriend for a neighborhood block party. I’m not gonna lie, I wasn’t looking forward to it. I don’t know any of the neighbors at all, and mingling with complete strangers in France is a little awkward.

Fortunately it went better than expected. This old guy seemed to take a liking to me and kept striking up conversation about the type of meats that can be smoked and also kept bringing me hot dogs. It was a little weird, since I don’t really like hot dogs (or care about what kind of meats can be smoked) but I felt strange refusing. At one point I had one bun (=slice of a baguette) and 3 hotdogs crammed in. Eventually I resorted to stuffing the extra wieners down inside my empty beer bottle.

In other news, I’m going to a party tonight, which was a great excuse to stop being fed hot dogs.

Yes, you heard it right- Grandma’s going OUT! It’s a real college-kid type party that doesn’t even start until 10 or 11..way past my bedtime!

We’ll see how I feel tomorrow….

No comments:

Post a Comment