Saturday, May 28, 2011

Grandma Partied Hard


 
I’m pleased to announce that Grandma survived the party last night. In fact, it was really crowded and I was there so late that I saw the end, when the police were called for a noise disturbance.

You should all be proud of me. I was out until 3am.

Needless to say, I’m exhausted. I got up at noon and decided that today was the day that I was going to have pizza, a craving I’ve been fighting for 2 weeks now. The place beside our apartment has really great pizza. It’s torture walking by every day and not caving to the crispy-crusted cheesy gooey deliciousness. We all have our crosses to bear.

The goal was to get some serious studying done today. But after eating the pizza and skimming pages for 20 minutes, this grandma needed a nap. Two hours later when I woke up, I was pretty productive until dinner, which was about a 1-hour window.

Study goal: ~4 hours
Reality: ~1.5

After dinner Sophie wanted to watch a movie. Somehow Cabaret came up in conversation and I told her I’d never seen it, so that’s what we ended up watching. It’s funny to see Liza Minnelli back when she was young and moderately attractive, but to me she will always be Lucille 2, the crazy old vertigo-suffering cougar from Arrested Development. 


The whole movie, I was cracking up and thinking about how much she looks like my sister. We always joke that Liza Minnelli is her celebrity lookalike…minus the spider lashes and crazy eye shadow. 



No comments:

Post a Comment