Thursday, February 24, 2011

He's the Cat Man!


Have I mentioned Cat Man yet? Yes, Cat Man…not Batman. Trust  me, Batman is way cooler. I don’t think I have said anything about Cat Man, though, and he certainly deserves a post.



Cat Man is a guy in revolutionary garb who stands on a podium and dances to Celine Dion’s “My Heart Will Go On” with his two white cats. I mean he goes all out-powdered white face, a wig, the coat, stockings, everything.  The cats look miserable, either sleeping on his head or clinging onto his arms for dear life.

Question: What does Celine Dion have to do with the Revolutionary War? Or cats?

Answer: Absolutely nothing. I suppose that’s what makes it so strange. Everyone is so weirded out that they have no choice but to stop and take his picture. And that’s where he gets you. If you take his picture, give him some money or YOU WILL REGRET IT.

One of my friends learned this the hard way. We had run into each other at the grocery store. She left before me, but on my way out I saw Cat Man holding my friend by the arm and pulling her back to his abandoned podium (and cats). Apparently she had snapped a picture and walked away. He chased her all the way down the block, which must have been an amusing sight (slightly horrifying for my friend), grabbed her elbow with a cat hair-covered glove, and dragged her back through the crowd of spectators that had gathered, demanding that she give him money.

So I’m running low on funds and also need a “cultural activity” for one of my classes. I’m thinking “Plume is pretty awesome. Today she was perched on my shoulder and I was just sitting on my bed.  Maybe I can go out to the public square and play Electric Feel and wave Plume around for some rent money…”



1 comment:

  1. You should engage in a competition against him with your cat. Something like this.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX2nUP1015M

    ReplyDelete