Friday, February 18, 2011

Lazy and loving it.


I still have to do a post for day and I’m exhausted, so nothing exciting. Today was extremely uneventful and I loved it. I’m really glad I don’t have Friday classes. I got to sleep in, get up and suffer through miserable shower just in time to meet up with friends for a pizza picnic. Then I went to the beach to read, which was really relaxing until a rogue wave came out of nowhere and soaked me from the knees down. For the record, it was not just me. It got about 10 other people in the vicinity. 

This is kind of what it looked like.


After the wave I came back home and got ready to go out. Sophie invited me to go see a movie with her and her boyfriend this evening. It was called “La Nuit Américaine” (1973) and it was a movie about making a movie. Interesting and funny, especially since it takes place in Nice. I didn’t understand everything, but enough to enjoy the movie.  Then Sophie and John asked if I was up for stopping off at a wine bar where they treated me to a couple classes of pretty tasty red wine…how could I say no to that? We spent quite a bit of time there talking, and I’m supposed to meet the rest of our group in a little while to go dancing…but if you recall the image from the last post, dancing is not my thing. So it’s 11:30 and I’m getting sleepy and tempted to bail. Maybe I'll just eat a bunch of chocolate and pass out...hmmm….

No comments:

Post a Comment