Sunday, March 27, 2011

Diabetic kid in a candy shop


A couple days ago I made the mistake of asking for cheap airline recommendations from my fellow study abroad students. I got great responses and found some truly fantastic deals. As a result, I’m having a really hard time deciding where, when, and how much traveling my bank account can actually handle. The answer is...nowhere, never, and not a lot.

I also booked a flight to Frankfurt today. I’m going to visit my friend Judith, who I met when she was a foreign exchange student in Georgia. We’ve really wanted to get together, but flights were just so pricey, it wasn’t working out. She messaged me today saying she found a great deal, so we immediately booked. Since it’s one of those discount airlines based out of Germany, she made the reservation for me, and I got a disturbing confirmation email…it was all in CAPS and in German with a few exclamation points and umlauts thrown in.

Other great news is we finally have a very vague travel itinerary established for when my friends come to visit in June. We’ve been bouncing around places for months ranging from Geneva, Paris, Zurich, Barcelona, Nice, Madrid, Copenhagen, somewhere in Germany or Italy. Finally today 4 our of 5 of us were able to meet up online and agreed on Geneva, Barcelona, and Nice. The group thinking was that this will give us a nice mix of the Alps, the Riviera, and my host family. Airfare between the three is also very reasonable, thanks to the awesome websites my friends suggested.

Now to somehow increase my funds…

1 comment: