Tuesday, March 8, 2011

If I didn't come off as a cat lady before...


After a really great weekend away, I was dreading coming back for another long week of school. Contrary to popular belief, I’m actually pretty bogged down with schoolwork and am NOT lollygagging on the beach all day. Fortunately this week has been better than expected, and I’m sure a lot of that has to do with the awesome care package I received on Monday. It was mostly clothes that I wish I had brought as well as a raincoat that was supposed to be a Christmas gift but was on backorder. But I also got a few fun surprises, including “My Big Fat Greek Wedding” (so Lori and I can have our transatlantic ‘movie date’), a big bag of Reese’s Pieces to share with my host family, a really thoughtful card from Joe Waggle (Hi, Joe!), and letters from the cats. Yes…letters from the cats. And not even just my cats. I also got one from Heather’s cat, Sid Vicious.

Highlights from cat letters included:

From Kitler- Lori is kind enough to let me sit in her lap, but let’s face it, I don’t really like her. I wish you had taken me to France with you; I think that my style is French enough to have fit right in. You have to admit, I do wear black and white quite well… Lori’s caught me on the table more times than I care to admit, so don’t be surprised if I have no fur upon your return. Maybe you could come home early to protect me from the impending threat of the blender defender.

From Sid Vicious-I hope you are having a fantastic time in France. I have a beret that I wear around sometimes when Heather isn’t home. I used to be a painter in the old days. I hear Heather, Lori, and Sam are coming to visit you! That’s exciting…I’m going to try and hide in Heather’s backpack so I can see you!

From Hans-Pet me!

I was totally surprised by all of this, and I couldn’t stop cracking up about it all afternoon, so thanks for making my week significantly better than expected. It’s always nice to know you’re being missed. And if I wasn’t a crazy cat lady before, it seems that I’ve become one now!!!

More Italy pictures: 

Dinnertime!!!
This is the bicerin, a typical drink in Torino. They bring it out in three small cups (steamed milk, espresso, melted dark chocolate. You pour or mix the drink yourself in the larger glass teacup.)
View from the train window

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Italy pictures!! Glad you liked the letter from Sid :) I miss you!!

    ReplyDelete