Friday, March 11, 2011

PJ Creeper


I don’t have much to say today because I spent quite a bit of time loafing around in my pjs, doing homework and facebook stalking people during my many study breaks. In my defense, I tried to go to this photography exhibit. It’s a requirement for one of my classes, but when I got there it was closed for some reason or another (Oy, the French…no one ever works here!)… so back to the pjs!

In between my Jezebel and facebook creeping, I actually did manage to hammer out a rough draft of a paper that’s due Monday. The problem is that it’s too long, so I’ll have to do some editing. Yes, apparently I am that student. You know that one…the suck up who writes TOO much.

Next serious task is to muddle through this book I have to read for the same class as the photography exhibit. Le parfum. If you’ve never heard of it, consider yourself lucky. If you’ve ever thought about reading it, don’t. It’s terrible. Basically it’s about this orphan in Paris and he gives everyone the creeps because he doesn’t have a scent. I don’t really understand why this is an issue. But the kid’s also a ginger, so that could have something to do with it. They keep commenting on his reddish hair, pale skin, and light eyes. Despite not giving off a smell, he actually has an extremely keen sense of smell. He ends up seeking out women who smell good and killing them. Creepy.

Day trip to Avignon tomorrow with Paymon. Our train leaves at 6:35am. It’s already 11:30 and this grandma typically requires a full 8 hours of rest. Avignon better be worth it!

1 comment:

  1. I read that book. It was also a movie. With snape. I kinda liked it.

    ReplyDelete