Friday, March 4, 2011

Up to no good





Short post tonight. I’m in the middle of packing for Italy. Our train is at the crack of dawn tomorrow, but at least that gives us more time in Torino! It’s going to be so weird going back after having not been there for 6 years.  I wonder what’s changed and what’s stayed the same…I guess I’ll know soon enough!

In preparation of my weekend, I’ve been running around all day doing errands and cramming homework in between. Unfortunately there was a problem with my debit card. It got flagged for “unusual activity,” which was annoying but ended up not being a huge deal. I just had to show a bunch of extra forms of ID. Then when I got home I called the bank to straighten it out. By the way, the Google call phone is so handy for things like that!

I suppose I was mostly frustrated because I already went to the bank in person and told them I would be using the card in Europe from January til June. They were supposed to have made a note on my account. But as annoyed as I was, I’m actually really glad that they flagged my card. I didn’t realize it until I was on the phone with the bank, but my card activity did seem awfully suspicious today. Keep in mind that I’m cheap and have been really trying not to spend much money. My bank account’s seen almost zero action since I’ve been here. The woman on the phone was like “Ok, let’s review your charges for today just for verification. There was an ATM withdrawal for $xxx.xx (too much money). Then there was a charge for a train ticket to Italy. Then a charge at H&M for $xxx.xx (WAY too much money). Does that sound right?”


Wow, well when you put it like that, I understand the suspicion.

I reassured her that I was the rightful cardholder and not a thief who swiped it, withdrew a bunch of money from my account, went on a shopping spree at H&M, and bought a train ticket to flee the country. I also gave her a list of other places I will be going in the next few months, so hopefully this time around the message actually gets passed along...

No post tomorrow because I’ll be out of town sans ordinateur (without computer). 
Cat in a bag. Actually that was part of Plume's desperate search for my earplugs, which have unfortunately become  her favorite toy.



No comments:

Post a Comment